We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies in accordance with our Privacy Terms and Cookie Policy
Balanced Reporting. Trusted Insights.
Thursday, April 03, 2025
Monsanto is receiving help fighting a multimillion-dollar verdict awarded for exposure to its flagship herbicide, Roundup, from an unusual source: the federal government.
A Virginia lawyer heavily involved in Roundup litigation has been charged with attempted extortion for “threatening to inflict substantial financial and reputational harm” on an unnamed chemical company unless he received $200 million in “consulting fees,” the Justice Department says.
A trial in St. Louis involving a plaintiff who alleges exposure to Roundup caused her non-Hodgkin lymphoma has been delayed indefinitely, leading to speculation that Bayer and plaintiffs’ lawyers need the time to work out a settlement.
Even though it wasn’t at the table for the talks between Bayer and Monsanto that led to a unification of the two companies, BASF still stands to gain significantly from the changes brought about in a new business climate.
A California state court judge has significantly reduced damages awarded to a couple whose non-Hodgkin lymphoma was blamed on Roundup exposure, cutting their overall award from more than $2 billion to $86.7 million.
A California state court judge said she is “inclined” to significantly reduce a jury award given to an elderly couple who alleged that exposure to Roundup caused their non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
Stone spoke with Agri-Pulse on his science background as a pharmacist, his takeaways on the governor’s priorities and his experience as a Republican in Sacramento.
Despite some harsh words describing Monsanto’s conduct, a federal judge said last week he plans to reduce an $80 million award to a California man who claimed exposure to Roundup caused his non-Hodgkin lymphoma.